2022 and here we are…
There are many things we can do in this modern day but predicting the future with accuracy is not one of them. Although it doesn’t stop people trying. There are however some things that whilst not sure bets could be true if the powers that be want them to be. For example this list of genuine predictions for us this year ….
- U.S. automakers agree to adopt crash-avoidance braking by 2022.Link
Bang goes the profit making “jumping in front of a car scam”
2. 10% of the world’s population will be wearing clothes connected to the Internet.Link
Internet porn leaping to new heights maybe?
3. The first 3D-printed car will be in production.Link
My daisywheel printer doesn’t print a sheet of writing what hope a car?
4. ESA and NASA will try to divert an asteroid out of its orbit. Link
This will end in tears for another planet elsewhere and eventually all intelligent life on planets will be playing intergalactic death snooker!
5. All new car models will now have automatic braking by default. Link
Cue regular head bobbing without reggae music and skating on ice by car to be an Olympic event.
6. The BICAR, a cross between a bicycle and electric car, becomes available for purchase Link
And the cyclist adopts the ever more superior than thou look on their face.
7. Denmark begins making shifts towards cash-free societies Link
This is a good thing to a point imagine the saving of paper (trees) and plastic or whatever Australian money is made out of. However this shift means your money is forever connected and you cannot hide it from governments which is a curtailment of freedom I think. NOT the hiding but the fact they will know what you have. Secondly most of us rarely carry cash these days so your tips go to percentages and not the change in your pocket. Finally a “penny for the guy” is dead and buried … although there is “Revolution”.
8. Planes that use sunlight for fuel are used regularly. They use up to 17000 solar cells Link
However in the UK they are used … irregularly 🙂
9. U.S. military food researchers develop pizza that can last up to 3 years Link
Who wants to eat a 3 year old pizza?
10. Cost of solar panels, per watt, equals 1.1 US dollars Link
And still the cost of electricity is sky high!
11. Predicted global mobile web traffic equals 50 exabytes Link and Global Internet traffic grows to 260 exabytes.
WTF is an exabyte? Ok so and exabyte is 10 to the power of 18. That is 1 billion gigabytes! In graphic terms if a gigabyte was the size of the Earth an exabyte is the size of the Sun!
Here endeth the first lesson of 2022 – Happy New Year!